KCUCC gladly rents its facilities for weddings of both heterosexual and same gender couples. Both our beautiful sanctuary (comfortably seats approximately 250) and our attractive chapel (seats approximately 50) are available for weddings. Our church building is routinely described as one of the most beautiful places for a church wedding in the Kansas City area.
To check for date availability, please contact the church office (816-523-4813) on weekdays between 8:30 AM and noon. The church secretary will take your information and have our wedding coordinator contact you as soon as possible. The wedding coordinator can check for open dates, answer questions, explain church wedding policies and arrange for a tour of the facility.
The fee for a wedding in the sanctuary at kCUCC is $1,300, which includes the following:
- rehearsal the day before the service;
- three hours in the church the day of your service, including the service;
- services of the Senior Minister;
- services of the resident musician, including consultation regarding the music selections for your service (Our resident musician is equally at home on both the piano and the organ.);
- services of the wedding coordinator.
Should you require more than three hours in the church on the day of your service, additional time will be charged at $50 per half hour.
Note: Weddings held on a holiday or a holiday weekend require an additional $300 charge, for a total fee of $1,600.
The fee for a wedding in the chapel at KCUCC is $ 350, which includes the following:
- services of the wedding coordinator
- services of the Senior Minister,
- use of the chapel for one hour.
In chapel weddings, the services of our wedding coordinator and musician are available for an additional charge.
In both sanctuary and chapel weddings, the kCUCC Senior Minister is available to officiate, however we do allow for clergy from outside our congregation to officiate as well.